Friday, August 2, 2013

Lizardy

Mother-in-law had me photographing all sorts of things for purposes of identification with my fantabulous 2012 Christmas present, a D600 (Nikon DSLR). Normally I would not have bothered as I knew the objects were too far away, the light all wrong, or the camera settings pushed too far to make a potential photo good enough to hang on the wall. However, it was quite a revelation. Although binoculars give the better experience while you are viewing the wildflife (I "only" have a 300mm lens), the photos enable confirmation of sightings. I was well into this by the time we met the Utah lizards. Previously I'd have thought they were all just the same brown lizard, but I learned that there are many different sorts. Here are two examples:

lizzies
lizzies-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Dreamstime microstock

Royalty Free Images

About This Blog

A picture is worth a thousand words... right?

free counters



The Women's Conference

Promote Your Page Too

Blog Archive

Followers

coolphotoblogsMy profile

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP