Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let's park

There is a strange tradition on the posh Motomachi street in Yokohama. Every Sunday morning, sports cars come and ... err ... park outside Starbucks. Are they fuelled by coffee beans? Well of course they are all tin boxes to me, but sometimes they are quite bright coloured - just normal Lamboginies and the like. But last Sunday was different. As I walked down the street several rather interesting olde fashioned cars overtook me. I thought to myself - "I bet they're off to park at bucks". Sure enough when I passed Starbucks there they were all - parked. I had my camera ready.

vintage cars on Motomachi


vintage cars on Motomachi

This one was actually later in the day on a different part of the street, after all the vintage ones had finished refuelling but how could I not photograph an MG in British Racing Green?
MG on Motomachi

1 comments:

dave March 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM  

Thank you for the first two pictures, which to my inexpert eye are a glorious throwback to the era of The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby. Custom cars with splendid paint jobs, 1950s or earlier Americana modified and painted in the grand tradition of the early '60s or so.

The third pic is of course a nice shiny green MGB, a fairly common sight in my part of Britain though not usually in such good condition, or with what seem to be RAF roundels on the side. Does KHON signify something? The google doesn't suggest anything likely in the first couple of pages.

Anyway, very nice photographs. Many thanks

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Dreamstime microstock

Royalty Free Images

About This Blog

A picture is worth a thousand words... right?

free counters



The Women's Conference

Promote Your Page Too

Blog Archive

Followers

coolphotoblogsMy profile

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP